Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Victoria


My name is Adam Lopez Falk, and I am from Phoenix, Arizona. I am 21 years old, currently a student at ASU, and I am also a school board member in the Alhambra Elementary School District in central Phoenix. I grew up in a ford collecting but chevy driving family. My tata was an upholsterer, and amassed a collection of many cars, from Fiats to Fords, Pontiacs to Studebakers during the 60 years he owned an upholstery shop. Many cars were traded to him for work, some he bought from desperate owners, and many more were abandoned on his lot. I was raised to appreciate old cars and their history, and the desire to restore one was instilled in me at a young age. A little over a year ago, I bought one of the cars from my tata, a 1954 Ford Victoria customline. It was one of the cars (the other was a 1946 ford 2 door that my cousin now has) where my cousin and I grew up playing in. It has been stored in a barn for about 22 years. Other then a few dents in the chrome, the body and the interior is fine. The car turns over, but won't stay on. My tata is in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's now, and is unable to help on the restoration of the car, which was the plan from the beginning. I don't know much about getting the car running-I learned upholstery and interior work, not under the hood-and I am dumbfounded as where to start. I wanted to join the forum to try and find out what I need to do to get it back on the road from people who have done this before, the car is my tribute to honor my tata.

This blog is gonna be a tracker of my progress on the car. Hopefully it doesn't take years. I am also looking for advise and comments, so feel free to share your ideas with me. I can't wait to get started.


No comments:

Post a Comment